Sourdough, Avocado and Feta Doorsteps
- 1/2 large avocado - or one small avocado
- squeeze lime or lemon juice
- drizzle extra virgil olive oil - optional
- 1 clove garlic - optional
- 2 thick slices sourdough - or 100% wholegrain bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 matchbox-sized pieces of feta cheese
- a few fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- chilli flakes - optional
- Coarsely mash the avocado with the lime or lemon juice on a plate.
- If you’re using sourdough, rub a little extra virgin olive oil and a smashed garlic clove onto the bread if you like.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the heated bread, then top with the chopped tomatoes, crumbled feta and basil.
- Get your black pepper and chilli flake grinders and season to your taste.